UPDATED LOCKDOWN INFO CUARENTENA ACTUALIZADO
Classes continue cancelled due to the State of Alarm introduced because of the Covid-19 outbreak. The grammar exams of all my groups have been changed to new dates you can check HERE. Detailed info about all the changes on the school's webpage.
This is what you should work on during the lockdown for these exams:
Agrup 2ºESO A-B & C-D: Units 1 to 4.
4ºESO B & D: Units 1 to 5.
1ºBAC B & C: Units 1 to 6.
Apart from your textbook and workbooks,
ESO students can also use OXFORD ONLINE LEARNING ZONE
BAC students can use PERFORMANCE-1 ONLINE WORKBOOK if you're registered.
I've set up groups on Google Classroom to keep in touch with you and assign activities. You can contact me at the email below for any question or doubts.
The 2nd term has already been assessed with the exams and work done up to 12th March when the lockdown started. The missing grammar exam will count for the 3rd term.
Keep calm down during the lockdown. There's a lot of time to do lots of things.
As clases continúan canceladas debido ao Estado de Alarma imposto pola crise do Covid-19. Os exames de gramática de todos os meus grupos foron cambiados a unhas novas datas que podedes comprobar AQUÍ. Información detallada sobre todos os cambios na páxina web do instituto.
Isto é no que podedes traballar durante o confinamento para estes exames:
Repasar todo o vocabulario, gramática e exercicios das unidades que entran no exame. (Unidades en azul arriba según os cursos). + Novas actividades para seguir aprendendo
Ademáis dos vosos libros de texto e workbooks,
alumnado de ESO pode tamén usar OXFORD ONLINE LEARNING ZONE
alumnado de BAC pode usar PERFORMANCE-1 ONLINE WORKBOOK se estades rexistrados.
Montei grupos en Google Classroom para manter contacto con vos a asignar actividades. Podedes contactar conmigo no correo electrónico que aparece mais abaixo para calquer pregunta ou dúbida.
A 2ª avaliación xa foi avalíada cos exames e traballo realizado ata o 12 de marzo cando comezou o peche escolar. O exame de gramática que falta contará para a 3ª avaliación.
Mantede a calma durante o confinamento. Hai un montón de tempo para facer moitas cousas.
Tuesday, 31 May 2016
Monday, 30 May 2016
Sunday, 29 May 2016
Saturday, 28 May 2016
Friday, 27 May 2016
A very smart ceremony hosted by Jose Juan, with speeches by our headmaster and Clara Manrique, on behalf of the students, and musical performances by some of them...
One of the great moments was when J. compared our school with Spain. Rephrasing his speech, it was something like this:
"Our school works much better than our country. We don't have problems with our royalty, we have our own Isabel & Fernando. Every four years, we choose our headmaster without any trouble or complication... one goes out, another comes in... And we don't make such a fuss about parents bringing their own kids to work like with Carolina Bescansa. Ramón Neira has always brought his children to work since the first day he started working here without any objections."
Galician version of this post @ ArquivosDoTrasno.
Wednesday, 25 May 2016
Tuesday, 24 May 2016
Monday, 23 May 2016
Sunday, 22 May 2016
A pronounciation lesson today. Words with spelling 'CH', which are pronounced either /k/ as the words above or 'sh' as the ones below.
Saturday, 21 May 2016
Friday, 20 May 2016
Thursday, 19 May 2016
Wednesday, 18 May 2016
Monday, 16 May 2016
Som examples in context:
- He caught the ball before it went onto the road.
- The weather was so bad during the weekend that I caught a cold/chill/flu,
- Don't worry, I'll catch the bus to your house.
- The police caught the thief as soon as he left the bank.
Saturday, 14 May 2016
Friday, 13 May 2016
Thursday, 12 May 2016
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Tuesday, 10 May 2016
THE PIONEERS CHALLENGE QUIZ: THE ANSWERS on PhotoPeach
Here are the correct answers to the 20 pioneers challenge quiz questions and also the results of people taking part in it.
79 years old
(*Uranium appears in one of the biographies but it's not correct)
There are 12
Belva Ann Lockwood
Unfortunately not many students took part in the challenge and none of them answered the 20 questions correctly. These are the students who have with their results:
- Eva Menéndez (1ºBAC-A) 17/20
- Carlos Galán (2ºESO-C) 16/20
- Jeisi Martínez (2ºESO-A) 15'5/20
- Franklin Pérez (2ºESO-A) 15/20
- Abel Pérez (2ºESO-C) 13'5/20
- Sebastián Alzate (2ºESO-B) 10'5/20
- Axel Rodríguez (2ºESO-A) 10/20
- Marcos Gabarri (2ºESO-B) 7/20
- Tamara Gantes (2ºESO-A) 6'5/20
Monday, 9 May 2016
- VERB COLLOCATIONS, where you can find some more examples with the verb "BREAK",
- and one with the verb "HAVE".
We'll be posting every Monday until the end of the course an entry with common collocations with some frequently used verbs.
Some examples in context:
- John broke his leg playing football.
- She discovered the secret. She broke her promise.
- They broke the window with the ball while they were playing.
- You can'y smoke here. You're breaking the law/rules.
- To break the ice, he invited us all to a drink.
- He broke her heart and now they don't see each other anymore.
Sunday, 8 May 2016
- English is the most studied language worldwide in 116 of the 194 countries, as you can see that most of the map is green.
- Although French is studied in more countries, Spanish is studied by more people around the world.
- It's weird that Swedish is the most studied language in Sweden. It's because of the high rate of immigration.