One of the readers for 1st ESO students is Alexandre Dumas' classic story "The Three Musketeers". 1st ESO students are going to read an adapted version of this novel in English. Before we begin reading. Let's do some pre-reading activities to learn some vocabulary and information about the novel. Here they are:
1) Vocabulary. Match the correct verb with each picture.
2) Vocabulary. Checking prepositions. Complete each sentence with help of the pictures.
3) Vocabulary. Complete the sentences with the correct word from the box.
4) Find general information before you start reading. Have a look in the book and find the answers to the following questions:
- WHAT'S A MUSKETEER?
- WHAT ARE THE THREE MUSKETEER'S NAMES?
- THEY ARE CALLED MUSKETEERS BECAUSE THEY FIGHT USING A GUN CALLED A MUSKET. WHAT OTHER WEAPONS DID THEY USE?
- FIND THE NAMES OF FIVE CHARACTERS FROM THE BOOK.
- WHICH TWO CAPITAL CITIES DOES MOST OF THE STORY TAKE PLACE IN?
Video "THE THREE MUSKETEERS" (2011-the latest film):