Have you realized that many names for new technologies are related to fruits? Here's a humour gag which plays with the double meanings of names of fruits and new technologies. Blackberry, Orange, Apple, X-Box (=Eggs box), dates... Enjoy... "My Blackberry isn't working!" (It isn't very easy, but it's funny.)
Video "MY BLACKBERRY ISN'T WORKING!"
- Shop-assistant: Oh, yeah. What's the problem?
C: Yeah, well, my blackberry is not working.
Custormer: I bought something from you last week and I'm very disappointed.
- S.a.: What's the matter? It run outta juice?
- C: No, no. It's completely frozen.
- S.a.: Oh, yeah, I can see that. I tell you what, let's try it on orange.
- C: That's got a few black spots, you see.
- S.a.: Oh, dear, yeah. Sorry about that.
- C: Well, there, are you gonna get my blackberry working?
- S.a.: Well, could be an application issue. Where do you stall that blackberry?
- S.a.: Well you could try using a mouse to drag the blackberry to the trash. Then after you've done that, you might want to launch the blackberry from the desktop.
- C: Well, I've already tried that a few times, I mean, all it did was mess up windows.
- S.a.: Well, it might be worth waiting a couple of weeks, they got the latest blackberries coming in then.
- S.a.: Could you give me a date?
- C: Let me put that date in my diary.
- S.a.: Anything else I gonna help you with?
- C: Yes, yes I've also got a problem to be honest with my apple.
- S.a.: Oh, dear, oh dear. That is an old apple, isn't it? When did you buy that?
- C: Last week.
- S.a.: Last week? Ha, they've brought out two new apples since then! What's the problem with it?
- C: Well, I've tried to put my dongle in it and it won't fit.
- S.a: Oh, yeah. And how big's your dongle?
- C: Well, I don't know much about these things, but my wife's seen a few dongles in her time and she says it's a little bit on the small side.
- S.a.:Well, I'm afraid there's not a lot I can do about that. Tell you what, let me try a boot in it. That is crashed. Anything else I can help you with?
- C: Well, finally off, yes. My grandson's birthday's soon, you see. Now, he's already got an apple and a blackberry, I mean, have you got anything else that he might just like.
- S.a.: Well, we're doing a special offer on these. I mean I can't make adult tailor them, but the kids seems to like'em X-box (eggs box), 3'60.
Double meanings of:Blackberry (= mora / mobile phone company)Apple (= manzana / mobile phone company)Date (= fecha, cita / dátil)
Dongle (=an electronic device that accompanies a software item to prevent the unauthorized copying of programs)Pronunciation similarities:X-Box = Eggs box